Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Out on a limb


Original "artwork" created using Corel Painter.

We have been discussing how teachers evaluate media/software on this blog. Now it is time to stop talking and start creating!! I think we all can agree that good software is only as good as the teacher in the room with the student creators. So, today I am throwing out a suggestion/challenge. If you have been reading my blog, you have noticed that I have done a lot with Animation-Ish. What would you have kids do with it if it was in your room?

Please comment with an idea of how the animation program could be used BY kids in YOUR classroom (school) to demonstrate something they have learned. You may not copy my former posts here or here, but you may use them for guidance! I will (voice shakes as he says it) try animating some of the best suggestions (hence the out on a limb) or you can download the trial and do it yourself. Either way, I will be posting some animations in the days to come.

Now dream big here! Think outside the box. I am expecting ideas from all my social network friends! I will be out here on the limb waiting.

1 comment:

cossondra said...

Given a program like animation, I would love to have my students use its creativity coolness to show how to balance equations using a visual metaphor of sorts.

It would also be a lot of fun for sketching graphs - how something changes over time. You could use it with http://crappygraphs.com/ for some amazing projects.