Thursday, June 5, 2008

My First Animations

Feeling like the most fortunate man around, I was asked to Beta-test a new software program from FableVision called Animation-Ish. I had never done that before and was honored to be asked. Immediately, I opened the files and started playing. I was not given instructions, just the program. I had played around a little with Flash, so I had an idea what a few of the buttons did, but I was amazed how user friendly and easy the program was to use.

I have shown many examples from my students, but I have decided to show two of my first animations from back in November. The first was a tribute to my wife featuring two of her favorite things....purse and shoes! The second is a music note that starts racing.

World famous illustrator, Peter H. Reynolds, believes everyone can be an artist....I hope he feels the same way after he sees my first attempts! :+) Just kidding, I know he would say that my drawings are good....I admire that about him--He sees the potential in everyone.

In December, I was asked to collaborate on the educator guide for the program by providing some lesson plans. I had a lot of opportunity to draw a lot and I got a lot more comfortable sharing.

I have decided to subscribe to Peter's way of thinking. Everyone is an artist or at the very least, artist-ish. Check out the program and you can join me in the artist-ish world!

No comments: