My very wise Intro To Computers class of HS Juniors made this list of guidelines and tips for posting online. I'm so proud of this list and the students who came up with it! This grew out of the assignment I blogged earlier.
Guidelines and Helpful Tips
Fall 2013 North Tama Intro To Computers
1. Be careful because anyone can see your tweets
2. Retweets reflect on you as much as tweets
3. Swear words make you look immature and reflect badly on you even if you don't usually swear
4. If you wouldn't say it out loud don't say it online
5. What you tweet now affects your future and you don’t even realize it
6. Be the bigger person
7. Don’t tweet when you're mad
8. Don't say anything you'll regret
9. Before you tweet something think about what your grandma or grandpa would say if they saw it
10. Be careful who follows you. Block people who are not particularly "nice"
11. Never agree to meet with someone in person that you don’t know
12. Don’t make yourself sound unsafe or dangerous
13. If you’re going to state your opinion, make sure you are able to justify what you say
14. Respect opinions that differ from yours
15. Do not bash others
16. Be positive. Use social media for good, positive things and events in your life.
17. No rude, offensive or inappropriate pictures
18. Please don't use it as your diary
19. Everyone can see what you favorite, use it wisely
20. Show the world the good in you