Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More Fifth Grade Song Animations

To me, nothing is more satisfying as a teacher than to just get out of the way and let kids demonstrate their vast amount of creativity. I have a tiny lab just off my classroom with four computers. I let students choose a partner and then take turns using lab computers to create animations of songs we sing in class. The students were completely on their own as I led the rest of the class in the main room. Today, I went in to watch their creations. In a very short amount of time, they came up with some that make me smile.


Fifth grade students using Animation-Ish to animate songs from their textbook.

Catch a Falling Star



The Lion Sleeps Tonight


A Smile is a Frown Upside Down

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed watching these little animations! Simple but very clever!! I've not seen this program before - looks interesting.