Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm on Facebook??

Well, as an example of the phrase 'never say never,' I am on Facebook. When mentor and pal, Peter H. Reynolds, suggested that I get a Facebook account, I have to admit I was a little skeptical. But, he has never led me astray before, so I jumped in.

After a few days, this is what has happened. I have friend and been friended by over one hundred people. Nice! I have started a group called "Educator Fans of FableVision." Currently, I am the Lead Ambassador for my favorite company, FableVision! How great is that? I started out loving the company and the software they create...then blogging like crazy about programs that inspire me and my students, and I end up with a job about two weeks ago... Best of all, my new part-time job is not in sales....it is talking to other educators who LOVE FableVision and are inspired by what great books and programs can do for their students. But, I am off topic.

My friend, the amazing Maribeth whom I blogged about a few days ago, started the "Educator Fans of Stationery Studio" which is one of my all-time favorite software programs. "Stationery Studio" was written by one of my all-time favorite people, Dr. Peggy Healy Stearns (who is also on Facebook). I was the first person to join that group!!!

So, where does that get us? If you are on Facebook, look me up! If you haven't already, join the two groups above. And if, like me, you thought that Facebook was for sixteen year olds....think again! There are a lot of us there now who are.....well, let's just say a few years over sixteen!

No comments: