Thursday, October 30, 2008

"Free To Be....You and Me" Anniversary Edition


Thirty-five years ago, a ground-breaking book hit the shelves. It was called, "Free to Be...You and Me." Marlo Thomas and Friends put together an amazing book that takes a look at gender roles through stories and songs. I remember this from when I was young and purchased the movie and soundtrack. One of the highlights of the video and soundtrack was Rosie Greer singing, "It's Alright to Cry."

Imagine my surprise when Peter Reynolds told me in San Antonio that he and Marlo Thomas along with some other amazing artists and writers were doing a thirty-fifth anniversary edition!!! One of my favorite books re-imagined by one of my favorite artists. The book arrived today and it is MORE beautiful than I imagined. I know Peter does great work, but this is absolutely phenomenal.

If you remember the book as a youngster or if you are new to it, you MUST check it out. It comes with a CD features the great Rosie Greer singing "It's Alright to Cry." I ordered mine from the Reynolds' family book store, The Dedham Blue Bunny. It is available everywhere.

No comments: